Monday, January 04, 2010

Daddy died

The library system where I have Internet access has decided that "social networking" sites are verboten. So that means out in Missouri I can't access my own blog! Tonight/this morning, 1:46 a.m. on January 4, 2010, I am at a Comfort Inn in Newport News, Virginia. My father died New Year's Eve, so I traveled from DBF, Missouri, to be here for the one funeral I never wanted to attend. I had plans to spend time with him, y'know? I was going to buy him a new truck. I talked to him maybe 2 weeks ago now, and he felt just fine, was very happy, and it was the best conversation we have ever had. My brother-in-law called me Jan. 2 to tell me; I suppose it took everyone that long to find my telephone number since not too many people had it, and my father was probably the only one, so they had to look through his cell phone or something, I am sure. Anyway, I was told he had a sore throat that got worse and worse, and it was really blood backing up instead of being a sore throat, which they discovered in the hospital where he died. It sounds like congestive heart failure to me. He was only 79 years old; would have been 80 this coming February. I need to get a nap; the funeral is at 11 a.m. and I have to figure out a way to get to the place. I hope to blog more tomorrow. If I don't get to, please know that this blog is NOT defunct, I just don't have many opportunities to update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home